By Dario Farina, Winnie Jensen
The purely e-book that covers intimately a extensive variety of state of the art themes inside of motor rehabilitation technology
Neural engineering is a self-discipline that makes use of engineering ideas to appreciate, fix, change, increase, or deal with ailments of neural structures. This booklet describes state of the art tools inside this box, from brain-computer interfaces to spinal and cortical plasticity. concerning electrode layout, sign processing, the neurophysiology of flow, robotics, and masses extra, this cutting edge ebook provides the newest info for readers operating in biomedical engineering.
Each portion of Introduction to Neural Engineering for Motor Rehabilitation starts with an summary of suggestions ahead of relocating directly to supply details at the latest findings. issues include:
- INJURIES OF THE apprehensive SYSTEM—including ailments and accidents of the imperative frightened method resulting in sensory-motor impairment; peripheral and spinal plasticity after nerve accidents; and motor keep an eye on modules of human move in health and wellbeing and disease
- SIGNAL DETECTION AND CONDITIONING—including growth in peripheral neural interfaces; multi-modal, multi-site neuronal recordings for mind examine; tools for non-invasive electroencephalograph detection; wavelet denoising and conditioning of neural recordings
- FUNCTION REPLACEMENT (Prostheses and Orthosis)—including an advent to higher limb prosthetics; controlling prostheses utilizing peripheral nerve stimulation invasive interfaces for amputees; and exoskeletal robotics for useful substitution
- FUNCTION RESTORATION—including tools for flow recovery; complex consumer interfaces for top limb sensible electric stimulation; and selectivity of peripheral neural interfaces
- REHABILITATION via NEUROMODULATION—including brain-computer interface utilized to motor restoration after mind harm; useful electric treatment of higher extremities; and robot assisted neurorehabilitation
Introduction to Neural Engineering for Motor Rehabilitation is a vital textbook and reference for graduate scholars and researchers within the fields of biomedical and neural engineering.